Marriage License Application Process for a Minor
To marry in the State of Ohio, both applicants must be 18 years of age.
The only exception to this law is as follows:
- If either applicant is 17 years of age, they must first contact the Juvenile Court at (937) 521-1600 for information on obtaining a Consent Order.
- After a Consent Order is obtained from the Juvenile Court, the Applicants MUST WAIT 14 CALENDAR DAYS before applying for a marriage license.
- The Consent Order issued by the Juvenile Court must be presented together with all other required documentation when making application for a marriage license.
- In cases where only one of the applicants is 17 years of age, there cannot be an age difference of more than 4 years between the applicants.
- Parental consent IS NOT required.
No marriage license will be issued if either applicant is under the age of 17.