Change of Name Forms & Services

Click for Forms

Change of Name

A Clark County resident who desires to legally change his or her name must file an application in the Clark County Probate Court. The Court hears name changes for both adults and minors. The person seeking the name change must be a resident of Clark County for at least one year prior to filing the application. All matters are set for hearing and publication is required in all cases.

Duties & Contact Information

If you have questions regarding Adult or Minor Names Changes contact Deputy Clerk , Nancy Burkitt at (937) 521-1853.

Richard P. Carey, Judge

Probate Court

50 E. Columbia St.
5th floor
Springfield, OH 45502


(937) 521-1845


(937) 328-2589



Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm